Days 5-8: Eat Healthy
- Download your Eating Healthy Packet. (Click here or on the sample image above.) This packet is set up chronologically so every day you will complete 1 or 2 of the pages.
- Read through the Mindful Eating exercise.
- For your next 3 meals take 5 minutes before you begin eating to notice each area mentioned in this exercise.
- Write down any routines you normally do while eating. Think about why you automatically sit in front of the tv or at your desk rather than enjoying and appreciating the food. Also notice any areas of the Mindful Eating practice that are particularly difficult. Consider why that may be.
This is a difficult one for me! I love to watch tv while I eat, and I have since I was a kid. For me, the experience is enjoyable and nostalgic.
- Go through the 10 Tips For Dealing With Sugar Addiction Handout. Make a note of the 2-3 tips you like most, and start incorporating them over the next couple of days.
- Read through the Top 10 Weight Loss Tips Handout. Do the same as you did with the Sugar Addiction. Find 2-3 tips you connect with, and write them into your to-do list, routine, or calendar for at least the next 2 days.
- Check in with yourself. How do you feel? How is your body and mind responding to these activities?